Speech synthesis output copyright/license RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am planning to develop an application which converts my own text to speech using the  SpeechSynthesizer  with installed voices in the OS.

I would like to know whether any licenses required for using the output audio files for training, as uploading to websites etc. and the voices are copyright protected or not.  Already gone through the Use of Microsoft Copyrighted Content and nothing found specific to the use speech synthesis output and voices.

Thanks,

Mathews

Friday, September 11, 2020 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Mathews,

Thanks for taking time to post your issue in MSDN forum. As you know, our forum is about the setup and development of .NET Framework, and I noticed that you post a similar thread here: Speech Synthesis Output – Copy right/License.

Since your issue is related to copyright and license, please kindly focus on that thread on Microsoft Community and get more professional help there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 14, 2020 4:40 AM