none
Video Capture for custom subtype with Windows Media Foundation RRS feed

• Question

• I am writing an application using Windows Media Foundation to capture video from a USB (UVC) camera.  The camera has several modes of operation including a raw 16-bit type.  This mode has a unique GUID not included in WMF.  How do I capture, preview and record a stream of this type?  I have a DirectShow application from the camera vendor that appears to create a custom filter.  But, is there something similar in WMF?
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 12:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi BAMillikan,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, your issue is more related to programming development. Since our forum is discussing about visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, then I will move this forum to Where is the forum for...? forum to redirect it, then you could go to appropriate forum for better support.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 2, 2019 7:37 AM
  • I would ask here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=mediafoundationdevelopment

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:12 PM