OneCare is moving my files! RRS feed

• Question

• After installation of OneCare, all my files are going to "recent files" and after I move them BACK to where they belong, they keep going back there!!! Help?
    Friday, April 3, 2009 4:15 PM

Answers

• OneCare is not moving anything. Recent Files is a list of pointers managed by Windows that point to files that were recently opened. If you click on any item in the list of Recent files, you are redirected to the actual file location.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 3, 2009 6:45 PM

All replies

• OneCare is not moving anything. Recent Files is a list of pointers managed by Windows that point to files that were recently opened. If you click on any item in the list of Recent files, you are redirected to the actual file location.
    -steve
    Friday, April 3, 2009 6:45 PM
  • Understood. However -

Before OneCare, my file tree was c:\users\roxanne\digistuff (or Documents, etc., etc.). The file folders that WERE under Roxanne are no longer. They ALL, seemingly, permanently reside in Recent Files. Even when I move them BACK to where they were, they don't show up. *sigh*

Any other help you might offer? Mahalo plenty! ;-)
    Friday, April 3, 2009 7:34 PM
  • Sorry for the delayed reply.

The files should still reside in that Users tree and be visible when you open Windows Explorer and are logged into Windows with the User credentials for 'roxanne'
    Where are you viewing the Recent Files list? And when you click on one of the files in that list, does the file open? Note that \recent is not typically a file, just a shortcut.
    -steve
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 4:17 PM