update 905474 RRS feed

• Question

• several weeks ago, i finally got the windows genunine advantage notification downloaded (as confirmed on my "update history.")  today, there is another "updates are ready to be downloaded" message for this update.  what gives?  and why is this update such a problem for so many??
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:17 PM

Answers

• The WGA update is a newer version.  What problems are you referring to?
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:20 PM

All replies

• The WGA update is a newer version.  What problems are you referring to?
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:20 PM
  • The original WGA tool installed successfully however the updated version in KB905474 failed to install.  Clicking the red failed icon returned a blank screen.

????

Thursday, June 8, 2006 11:57 AM
  • in response to your question, the problem i experienced is that it took two weeks for the download to finish and get installed, meanwhile my internet was slowed considerably.  the problems other people have experienced speak for themselves, as seen in the various forum exchanges.

most important -- are you telling me that although i downloaded the 905474 update previously, there now is another, newer version?

thanks, countryroads

Thursday, June 8, 2006 2:29 PM
  • specific problem I'm having is that the original WGA installed however the update covered by KB905474 has attempted to install two separate times, both failed.

Per the MS Update summary, I clicked the red "?" icon for details but was directed to a blank page.

I am not receiving any type of alert that my system is not authentic in any way.

Any ideas??

Friday, June 9, 2006 8:20 AM
  • i have TabletPCs with Windows XP PRO Tablet PC Edition.  You know what?  Nobody can  purchase Tablet PC Edition because it is not available at Best Buy or a Distributor, it only comes with TabletPC hardware.  However, i know for certain our Toshiba R15-S829 Tablet and our 3 HP tc4400 Tablets have major problems with WGA.  I go to download the Tablet Education Pack and the other Tablet add-ons, but it makes me certify WGA each time, it does not work, and simply makes me very angry.  We paid a great deal more for Tablet hardware and the Tablet OS, but this is just one of many problems that are absolutely unnecessary. 
    Friday, February 23, 2007 2:14 PM