Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition and Boost property tree RRS feed

• Question

• In my C++ project I am using

#include <boost/property_tree/ptree.hpp>
    #include <boost/property_tree/json_parser.hpp>

as header-only libraries of the Boost library.

Version of IDE: Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition, V 15.7.0

Version of boost: boost_1_61_0

I would be very thankful if you could help me solving the following problem:

Building x64/Release I get this:

fatal Error C1007: unrecognized flag "-Ot" in "p2"
    followed by this:
    Error LNK 1257 of the linker (possibly a consequence of C1007)

Building x86/Release I get a bunch of compiling errors which all link into boost header files:
    C3203 for non-specialzed templates
    C2039, C4430, C3646, C2516

NB: In th earlier version of th IDE, Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition, V 15.5?.?, I could build the x86/Release of my project.

• Edited by Haasrobert Friday, May 18, 2018 10:47 AM
    • Moved by Baron Bi Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:05 AM Third-party library issue
    Friday, May 18, 2018 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development issue with Microsoft products. For your case which is more related to boost libraries, I suggest you post on this forum below.

https://www.boost.org/community/index.html

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 21, 2018 8:21 AM
  • Thank you,

I just checked the issue tracker of the Boost project... In fact, there is a post that precisely points to the same problem, a bunch of errors as C3203 for non-specialzed templates. It seems that the source code of some files in boost/property_tree fails to be compatible to C++ 17 standards. URL of the boost topic: svn.boost.org/trac10/ticket/13565

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:34 AM