How do I delete a custom field? RRS feed

• Question

• I recated a custom field in the LEad entity - and realized that I wanted a multiple-selection picklist, instead i got a single choice. so I tried to delete it and start again, and now it's saying its "dependent" on something, and i've already removed it in the Lead Forms, but i am not sure why I cannot delete it. i shouldn't be system required because I created it myself, right???? Help!
    Friday, July 1, 2011 3:44 PM

Answers

• You should get a more detailed error message that tells you exactly what depends on your attribute. If not you can always go to the solution and click the "view dependencies" button. You must remove all dependencies before you delete your attribute but you need to know which ones they are.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Friday, July 1, 2011 9:57 PM
  • Hi,

Make sure you have published the cusotmizaitons after removing from the dependents items. Also make sure to check again if the field refrences has been removed from the Form, Views or charts etc.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Friday, July 1, 2011 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure you have published the cusotmizaitons after removing from the dependents items. Also make sure to check again if the field refrences has been removed from the Form, Views or charts etc.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Friday, July 1, 2011 4:08 PM
  • You should get a more detailed error message that tells you exactly what depends on your attribute. If not you can always go to the solution and click the "view dependencies" button. You must remove all dependencies before you delete your attribute but you need to know which ones they are.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Friday, July 1, 2011 9:57 PM