Consolidate all music/pictures from multiple computers RRS feed

• Question

• I was hoping that rather than manually copying the files from each computer, consolidating them, then re copying back to the home computers there would be a way to sync all folders with the shared folders.  For example, I'd really like to be able to sync all computer's My Pictures with the shared pictures folder.  This is Windows 7 on these computers, thanks.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:53 PM

Answers

• Once you copy everything from all of your computers you can then synchronize them back to corresponding folders on your PC's with software like Syncback.

Here is the free version... works really well, lots of advanced options.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/download-syncback.html

• Marked as answer by EricKit2 Friday, April 15, 2011 1:45 PM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:59 PM

All replies

• Once you copy everything from all of your computers you can then synchronize them back to corresponding folders on your PC's with software like Syncback.

Here is the free version... works really well, lots of advanced options.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/download-syncback.html

• Marked as answer by EricKit2 Friday, April 15, 2011 1:45 PM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:59 PM
  • I will just use Mesh, I was hoping to avoid using two different applications.  Thanks!
    Friday, April 15, 2011 1:45 PM
  • Just a warning?
    Mesh syncs both ways. For instance, in case a file on your computer gets "lost" (deleded, currupted) you may also loose it any computer syncing the file, including the server.

If you are going to use Mesh, make sure you have a backup!

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:21 PM
  • Could you confirm that Live Mesh works on WHS 2011? that'd be great. I love Mesh on my PCs.

Requirements do not mention WHS but Server 2008 is listed. I assume WHS and Server 2008 are equivalent:

Operating system: 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7, or Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 and the Platform Update for Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 and the Platform Update for Windows Server 2008.

Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:55 AM