Media Center TV Archive RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem with the TV Archive application, well sorta... it won't run. :-)  When I select a series to archive I get the message:

Invalid Application
    Unable to launch "TV Archive"

The only options are to disable this application and OK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Eric Sten

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:31 PM

Answers

• Eric, could you submit a bug for this on Connect? Be sure to follow the instructions for submitting bug reports related to media.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Eric,

In case you are running Windows 7RC, It could be you are hitting a known issue (see connect: Media Centre TV Archive - INVALID APPLICATION (Windows 7 RC)
    Don't know if this applies to Vista too.

Solved this here bij setting "\Users\Public\Videos" for the "copy-to"" location.

- Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric

Had same problem when i used Remote Desktop desktop to access media center. But on direct access - no problems.

/michael
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:22 AM
  • Eric, could you submit a bug for this on Connect? Be sure to follow the instructions for submitting bug reports related to media.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Eric,

In case you are running Windows 7RC, It could be you are hitting a known issue (see connect: Media Centre TV Archive - INVALID APPLICATION (Windows 7 RC)
    Don't know if this applies to Vista too.

Solved this here bij setting "\Users\Public\Videos" for the "copy-to"" location.

- Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:35 PM