none
"My Forums" are gone RRS feed

• Question

• I use the forums all the time. Today I log in and clicking the "My Forums" link just takes me to an error page. The error is:

Error 500: Sorry, we were unable to service your request. Please try again later.

What happened to my forums? does anyone else have this problem?

Friday, June 11, 2010 1:28 PM

Answers

• We are looking into this, no eta, difficult to repro without the actual user credential having the problem.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:04 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

As of now we could not repro this issue as it is working fine on our end. Could you please retry 

and let us know if you still have this issue so that we could contact our operations team regarding this.

Hope this helps you.

Have a great day!

Dinesh
    Tier 2 Application Support
    Server and Tools Online Operations Team

Monday, June 14, 2010 12:20 PM
  • No, it does not work. When is MS going to fix this stupid problem.

It's broken almost every other day.

Monday, June 14, 2010 12:43 PM
  • Hello,

no, it's not working fine. It was working yesterday, but now it's broken again.

Thorsten Dörfler
    Microsoft MVP Visual Basic
    Monday, June 14, 2010 1:32 PM
  • Still can't the My Forums link to work (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/user/forums)

clicking on the My Forums link redirects to this url. (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Error/Error500.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Forums/en-US/user/forums)

Sorry, but what are the people that run this website doing? can't fix it yet?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:31 PM
  • We are looking into this, no eta, difficult to repro without the actual user credential having the problem.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for editing my post and appologies for the harsh words :)

It seems that if you are not logged on to the forums (or checked the remember my password)  and you try to click on the "My Forums" link, you get the error.

Before it used to take you to the sign-on page when you clicked on the my forums link and you weren't signed on.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:11 PM