ocs 2007 & mediation server RRS feed

• Question

• hello everyone new to the forum, and I would kindly get directions on how to give permissions to a server of my domain and then install the mediation server. In my setup I have already installed and made functional ocs ee 2007-rtm and when I install the mediation on another server does not allow me to configure it because the server does not have the necessary permissions.
    thanks in advance rob
    • Edited by KrishnasPad Friday, June 26, 2009 7:14 PM Fixing thread title bug
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:04 PM

All replies

• The mediation server must be part of the domain.
    And you must also logon to the server with an account with sufficient privileges on the domain.
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:12 PM
  • thanks for the reply.
    The mediation server is part of the domain, the same server I have installed sql2005 and I did the same to the delegation of ocs as necessary, but perhaps not been assigned the necessary permissions! retry the process ... thanks again
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:27 PM
  • Hi Rob,

I hope this is a lab. Installing the medaiiton server does require a standalone server. Installing it with other roles on the same server is not supported and as you have already encountered causes lots of issues.

Cheers
    Chris
    http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:50 PM
  • Hi chris,

I will work in a lab and know that mediation requires a server part, but anyway I try to install the mediation on the same server database ocs. I wanted to make sure you do not succeed in this attempt !! and have a confirmation in this forum.
    However try to follow a new procedure for configuration maybe ....

thanks for the reply chris

rob
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:07 PM
  • Hello Robmur,

"From where" are you trying to configure your mediation server?

If you install the admin tools on the same computer as the mediation server it should work fine.
    If you try to use the admin tools located on your main OCS computer you will need to configure the certificates first.

Hope this helps?

/mk
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:48 PM
  • Hi Kressmark,
    thanks for your reply

I try to install the mediation server on the same server that performs the function of database ocs course in another partition.

In this server I installed the admin tools but I do not manage ocs anyway, why not have the necessary requirements. To assign these requirements I used the delegation of administration ocs, as the guide to Active Directory, but have not been allocated.
    With such permissions to be able to configure the mediation because the installation files I may use.
    Now I have to try again to assign the necessary permissions,
    but I know if I can or if it is useless?  because the server has the function of database.

rob
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:26 PM
  • Hello to everyone and thanks I have resolved.

The server was not part of the domain in which I had installed ocs, I was convinced it was.
    I solved this re-delegation of authorization from the document as microsoft and assigned to the right permissions.
    I can now install and configure the mediation.

Bye rob
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:26 PM