System Analyst!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have bachelor degree in finance. I don't have any real world experience. I am thinking to study system analysis. Am I going to the right path? I love computer. What are the skills and knowledge needed for system analysis? What classes should I take?

I would really appreciate if somebody could answer this question.

Thanks?!!

Monday, September 23, 2013 5:33 AM

Answers

• I am thinking to study system analysis.

In general terms, "system analysis" is a generic expression that refers to "is the study of sets of interacting entities." Although this could apply to any discipline, since you entered the question in a Microsoft forum, I presume that you meant it as pertaining to the field of computer systems. Within this area, it is generally understood as referring to requirements analysis, either as referred to hardware infrastructure or to software development. The analyst would study the client's operations, determine all the needs and interactions, and come out with a design for the necessary computing infrastructure to automate these processes.

With your background in finance, you probably already have the mental frameset that would enable you to study requirements and understand interactions, so in this sense you would be in the right path. However, you still need to learn a lot about computing in order to be able to figure out how to implement a solution with computer systems. All the analysts that I know worked first as programmers before becoming analysts.

You posted your question in the Microsoft Training and Certification forum. However, as far as I can tell, none of the Microsoft Official Courses will teach you how to be an analyst. You should enquire at other higher learning institutions about their programs on computer science; there isn't any specific program that I can recommend to you for achieving your goals.

Monday, September 23, 2013 6:14 AM