none
Checking connection status to cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone has any idea on how to efficiently submit multiple jobs to HPC from a different application. Currently, every time we submit a job to HPC from our application, we do the following process:

1. HpcScheduler.Connect

2. HpcScheduler.CreateJob

3. HpcScheduler.CreateTask

4. HpcScheduler.Dispose

When we submit multiple jobs (talking about 100+ jobs), I noticed that port 5802, 5999 and 443 are used but 5802 is not being released right away after Dispose() or Close(), which may (or may not) cause port exhaustion.

I was thinking of doing the Connect() only when they start up the application then just add jobs. However, I am wondering what happens if the connection gets lost in the middle of submitting jobs. Is there a way to check the connection status of a scheduler? Or any advice on how to implement this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thursday, October 24, 2019 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hi JSF2018,

Which version of HPC Pack are you running on? The port should be closed shortly after disposing the scheduler object. For the connection status, the scheduler has built-in retry logic to handle connection lost, you may just connect it once and use it for all jobs.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

Saturday, November 9, 2019 1:30 PM