Microsoft Office Professional 2007: Validation Failed RRS feed

• Question

• My company is a Certified Partner and I downloaded and installed Office 2007 Professional and it failed validation. I retrieved the product and key from the MSDN subscription website. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:17 PM

Answers

• I tried this but it didn't work.

I'm not going to worry about it too much right now since I am presently downloading Vista from MSDN and will re-install everything next week. I'll give it a try then when I'm not running RC2 anymore.

Thanks all.

Friday, November 17, 2006 1:40 PM
  • Here's an update to my earlier post.

I installed the release version of Vista downloaded from MSDN and installed Office 2007. Both activated and validated with no problems. Apparently the problem was the fact that I was first running Vista RC2.

Problem solved!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:07 PM

All replies

• Run the Office Validation Assistant: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/office/default.mspx

If validation fails, you'll see a notice (in red) stating why it failed validation.  Post that reason as a reply to this thread.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:27 PM
  • Here is the complete error message:

Microsoft Office Professional 2007: Validation Failed
    The product key used to install Office is not valid. It has been identified by Microsoft as a false key used with counterfeit copies of Office.

I do not see how this is possible since I downloaded the software and key from MSDN's subscription website. My company is a Certified Partner with a valid subscription.

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:03 PM
  • Contact MSDN Subscriptions support and request assistance: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contactusMSDN?sd=msdn
    Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:11 PM
  • I am now waiting for a response from Microsoft. One of the strangest things about this is that it will let me download office templates. This normally does not happen without validation. I'm beginning to wonder if it some kind of fluke since the product is so new. I will post a solution if one is found soon.

Thanks,

Ken

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:15 AM
  • I received a response from Microsoft saying basically, since I was using a "trial" version downloaded from MSDN they were not supporting the product. Yes, it is the 10 PC issue of the product but yet, it's not the beta.

Here is their response: . I would like to inform that technical support is not available for trial version of Microsoft products as they are used for training purposes and not in the production environment.

I guess I'll wait until we get our VLK version and see what happens.

Thanks,

Ken

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:36 PM
  • Kenneth:

Please file a service request here (http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860&) ) and post your SR#. I'll look into your case myself - as our #1 concern is your overall program satisfaction.

I'll follow up with you individually - Office2007 is a full product via MSDN. If you have saved those support emails where you were bumped off, please don't delete them yet.

-phil

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:08 PM
  • I had a similar problem: It thought that my version of OneNote had a false key. Reading another thread, I found this advice:

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Office Genuine Advantage\data and delete the data.dat file.

Note, the Application Data file may be hidden, use Tools->Folder Options->View->Hidden Files and Folders->Show Hidden Files and Folders to show the folder.

I did this, and volia, problem gone. Worth a shot, at least. Fun being on the bleeding edge, no.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:08 AM
  • I tried this but it didn't work.

I'm not going to worry about it too much right now since I am presently downloading Vista from MSDN and will re-install everything next week. I'll give it a try then when I'm not running RC2 anymore.

Thanks all.

Friday, November 17, 2006 1:40 PM
  • I too have downloaded the MSOffice Pro 2007 Beta, but have lost my validation ID when my hard drive crashed.  Not sure where to get another ID, or even another copy of Office 2007.  Seems like they pulled the beta off.  Any suggestions.........

Thanks

Jim

Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:35 PM
  • I found what looks like a copy of the Office 2007 beta2. I'm not sure about getting the key though. I didn't take the time to download it to see.

http://cws.internet.com/download/31079.htm

Monday, November 20, 2006 1:04 AM
  • Here's an update to my earlier post.

I installed the release version of Vista downloaded from MSDN and installed Office 2007. Both activated and validated with no problems. Apparently the problem was the fact that I was first running Vista RC2.

Problem solved!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:07 PM
  •  KennethWS wrote:

My company is a Certified Partner and I downloaded and installed Office 2007 Professional and it failed validation. I retrieved the product and key from the MSDN subscription website. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

Friday, November 24, 2006 6:02 PM
  • Same here.

On Tuesday, I did a ''cold" install of Vista and on that, Office 2007 worked fine. Today, I did an upgrade install of Vista and even put on some updates. Now, suddenly Office downloaded a new ActiveX control for 'genuine advantage' and that is failing to validate my Office 2007 from MSDN.

I think MS has put up a bad ActiveX control.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 2:07 AM