Over Heat RRS feed

• Question

• hey wut up

Does anyone have an over-heat issue with the Home Server? the temp was up to 64c last tweek, and this today even get up to 67c.. and my room temp is normal.

Monday, June 23, 2008 12:48 AM

Answers

• you didnt say what WHS you have?

If its an HP Media Smart server then there was a reported issue with the temp readings given the wrong information (they were nowhere near as high as the system claimed). apparently HP will be fixing the "bug" in the next software update.

Andrew

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:12 PM

All replies

• you didnt say what WHS you have?

If its an HP Media Smart server then there was a reported issue with the temp readings given the wrong information (they were nowhere near as high as the system claimed). apparently HP will be fixing the "bug" in the next software update.

Andrew

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:12 PM
  • Hi, thx for the rply

Yea, it is the HP Media Smart Server. kinda funny, the systems give out the alerts saying "the Media Smart Server is too hot and might have some Hardware problem" lol haha,,, look like it is a bug.

thx

Monday, June 23, 2008 8:22 PM
  • Andy,

Any news on an update from HP, or an official support article?     I have seen this on mine and my fathers HP home server and they recommend a system restore.   Frankly, that is a disgrace!

In my case it is the System temp showing 80 Degrees, the CPU is 23.  

Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:23 PM
  • Nick, the best I can do is refer you to this forum post, in which someone was told that a recovery was the only supported option earlier this week.
    Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:15 PM
  • Thanks.

I ended up installing the temporary fix from HP, that is now on my blog  for others (www.nickwhittome.com) Wink   System restore is extreme....

I presume that HP will come up with a fix in the mean time Smile

Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:20 PM
  • thx, for the help

but no news on an update from HP, or an official support yet  

Steven

Sunday, August 24, 2008 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

No there isn't. However, in the interim there is an Add-In specifically for the HP server, with which yoy can control the fan speeds.

Colin

Sunday, August 24, 2008 4:50 PM