How to track my points were deducted RRS feed

• Question

• Hello MSDN.

I am a MSDN user for past 2 years. I really love to enjoy here than on any social networking site.

Yesterday i felt that some points are missing from my recognition points. So how to check it easily.I didnt found any way of doing this. I have a lot of thread started ,replied  I cant check every one.Also i didnt found there any update message in my activity for points deduction ( like in contribution ).

Again it is not point of marks but want to know where i was wrong ? so that next time i may do better.

Looking for your good responses.

Thanks

Want to add MVP with my name.
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Friday, January 13, 2012 3:10 PM Points question, not Subscriptions Question (From:MSDN Subscriptions Feedback)
    Friday, January 13, 2012 6:24 AM

Answers

• We've chosen for now not to show when points are removed or negative activities. It doesn't help the community if people are trying to publically be the worse person. So we praise in public and repremand in private.

With that in mind, in the forums points are only taken away from points you've already earned. e.g. When you get a post marked as an answer, you earn points. If the answer status is then removed, you only lose those points earned from the answer and no more. Versus, in the gallery you can lose points due to bad quality contributions.

• Proposed as answer by Richard MuellerMVP Friday, January 13, 2012 6:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by bahushekh Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:28 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 6:03 PM

All replies

• This FAQ explains the points and achievements, as they work now:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx

As you have seen, you can review your recent activity in the My Profile link. Your concern may be due to the fact that everyone's points were recalculated last June (as I recall). In the new system, just about everyone's new point total was less than in the old system. The systems are entirely different and cannot be compared.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Friday, January 13, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Hi Sir 

Thanks for the reply. Yes I already checked the above link before.I also know about new point calculation.But i didnt see the update for points deducted or it is not at top of my profile->activities.

Thanks

Friday, January 13, 2012 5:12 PM
  • We've chosen for now not to show when points are removed or negative activities. It doesn't help the community if people are trying to publically be the worse person. So we praise in public and repremand in private.

With that in mind, in the forums points are only taken away from points you've already earned. e.g. When you get a post marked as an answer, you earn points. If the answer status is then removed, you only lose those points earned from the answer and no more. Versus, in the gallery you can lose points due to bad quality contributions.

• Proposed as answer by Richard MuellerMVP Friday, January 13, 2012 6:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by bahushekh Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:28 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 6:03 PM
  • Thank you. And i like the purpose of not showing negative activities y a user.
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:30 AM
  • Hello Sir.

Thanks for the reply.Can we have some emails or personal page where only person belongs to it can see it.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:29 AM