none
Is there a limit for the number of questions somebody are allowed to post daily

Question

•    Is there a limit, most likely recently introduced, for the number of questions somebody allowed to post daily? I never saw such error before. It seems I'm not able to post another question. It always displays you "Your number of posts today has exceeded the limit" which is strange because the last question I posted at least 10 hours ago and before that probably another 10 hours ago, so it gives us 1 - 2 questions a day? I actually was under an impression that posting questions I actually help others not only myself. In many cases I posted questions to highlight an issue so others would know how to deal with it. I could silently find a workaround and that's it.

Alex

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:11 PM

Answers

• I think your pc definitely has issues then. That is not normal having an opportunity to click submit multiple times. I'd try another.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:00 AM

All replies

• If there is a limit, it is new. However, months ago I suggested that a good way for forum admins to identify spammers is to flag any user with 0 points that posts more than about 10 times in less than 30 minutes.

Spammers used to be a big problem, like thousands of posts per day, but in the last month I have seen no more than 12 a day. Maybe the forum admins took my suggestion. If they did, and there is some limit, they should keep it to themselves, or the spammers will adjust.

But one post every 10 hours is a very small number. And you have 55 points. I have never seen a real spammer with any points. There are forum regulars that sometimes post announcements to maybe 15 different forums in less than 30 minutes, but they have lots of points.

I assume your account has been verified, so you can post images and links. If so, the limit you experience seems excessive to me. If I test in the Sandbox forum I may not be subject to this limit. I assume the limit is for threads you start (questions or discussions), since I have already posted about 10 times this morning, but all but one was a reply. Has anyone else experienced this message about a limit?

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:07 PM
  • I see you posted duplicates in this forum, maybe 4 posts similar to this one. I deleted one, but maybe you are testing the limit. For testing, you may want to use the Sandbox forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=tnsandbox

If there is a limit, I would expect it to apply to all forums. The Sandbox forum used to be a favorite of spammers, so any rules should apply there as well.

I will wait awhile before deleting the remaining duplicate posts.

Edit: Maybe you have a separate problem. I just checked the Activities tab of your profile. You posted the same question less than 2 hours ago 5 times in a short time. Did you click the Submit button repeatedly? Are you getting error messages that make you think the question was not posted? Maybe asking several questions in such a short time triggers a limit. Or were you experimenting?

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:13 PM
  • I see you posted duplicates in this forum, maybe 4 posts similar to this one. I deleted one, but maybe you are testing the limit.

I also deleted a couple of the dupes

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:32 PM
  •    Sorry for the duplicates. It was not my intension to test the system limits. Most likely there is a problem on the forum's web site. I indeed clicked submit like 10 times and every time I got an error message regarding the limit without any other visual changes which would let me think that a question is posted. I had no idea that each time the question was posted anyway.

I don't understand how it eventually worked for this forum section but in "Developing Universal Windows apps  - English (United States)" I still get "Your number of posts today has exceeded the limit.". May be with each try the question is actually published but I don't see it on the screen and there is no e-mail notifications.

Alex

• Edited by Alex K M Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:03 PM updated
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:54 PM
  •    I don't understand how it eventually worked for this forum section but in "Developing Universal Windows apps  - English (United States)" I still get "Your number of posts today has exceeded the limit.". May be with each try the question is actually published but I don't see it on the screen and there is no e-mail notifications.

I see five but three of them were deleted. You would only get email notifications on replies (assuming you set that up in forums profile) A screen shot of the message might help.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:57 PM
  •    There is something wrong. Sorry, I guess I duplicated one topic again but I deleted it right after that. When I tried to post it I got the same error but when I checked the history it looked like it was posted. Plus, I see duplicates of my questions. It looks like every time I clicked submit something was actually posted but for me it looked like it was not. I got that error every time. I just don't know what to do. Should I simply ignore that message and assume that the question is posted or there is a way to fix it?

For now, I tried to clean up and remove duplicates. Never had to use the question history before. I didn't know that it was easy to check what's posted. However I'm not 100% sure that everything which is posted with such an error is properly visible to everybody.

5 minutes ago
    Asked the question [UWP] Are there are methods supporting encrypting/decrypting of streams in the Developing Universal Windows apps Forum.
    about 7 hours ago
    Asked the question [UWP] Are there are methods supporting encrypting/decrypting of streams in the Developing Universal Windows apps Forum.
    about 7 hours ago
    Replied to a forums thread Is there a limit for the number of questions somebody are allowed to post daily in the Forums Issues (not product support) Forum.
    about 9 hours ago
    Asked the question Is there a limit for the number of questions somebody are allowed to post daily in the Forums Issues (not product support) Forum.
    about 9 hours ago
    Asked the question Is there a limit for the number of questions somebody are allowed to post daily in the Forums Issues (not product support) Forum.
    about 9 hours ago
    about 9 hours ago
    about 10 hours ago
    about 10 hours ago
    about 10 hours ago
    about 10 hours ago
    about 10 hours ago

Alex

• Edited by Alex K M Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:17 AM updated
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:12 AM
  • What browser and platform are you using to post with? You mentioned having to click the submit button numerous times which is not normal. I'd try from a different pc as it seems there may be some issues with the one you're using.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:20 AM
  •    Normally using EDGE, tried Chrome. The same result. Let me give you a screenshot how it looks because any post now ends up with this. By clicking submit multiple times I meant that after I click submit I get this error message, I still see the text in the body as if it is not submitted, the submit button can be clicked again and I did that again, many times.

Alex

• Edited by Alex K M Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:50 AM udpate
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:49 AM
  • I think your pc definitely has issues then. That is not normal having an opportunity to click submit multiple times. I'd try another.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:00 AM
  • I also cannot create new posts.  I can only reply to existing posts.  I have not created any new posts today.

I have already tried from different browsers (IE and Chrome).

• Your number of posts today has exceeded the limit.

What is the fix for this?

• Edited by Kalimanne Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:39 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:38 AM
  • Did you try sending an email to fissues at microsoft dot com?

Lately forums have been behaving erratically, I'm getting lots of 502 errors. May be that's related.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Did you try sending an email to fissues at microsoft dot com?

Lately forums have been behaving erratically, I'm getting lots of 502 errors. May be that's related.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

I don't know what that is.  Is that a typo?
    Monday, May 8, 2017 3:48 AM
  • The email address is munged so it is not a live link. Email to:

fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

remove the spaces, replace "[at]" with "@" and "[dot]" with "."

Monday, May 8, 2017 10:16 AM
  • The email address does not accept messages:

Your message was rejected by the recipient's domain because the recipient's email address isn't listed in the domain's directory. It might be misspelled or it might not exist. Try to fix the problem by doing one or more of the following:

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 8:48 PM
  • email address isn't listed in the domain's directory

I'd double check where you sent it. A test message I just sent did not bounce.

fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 8:56 PM