Setting Up the correct Anonymous user account RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello all,

When first setting up CRM 4.0 I was getting alot of user permissions errors which were all fixed by changing the anonymous user account to an account with admin privs. But now it seems doing so has left me very vulnerable.  I was wondering what to do about this.  I tried setting it back to IUSER account but then my CRM site img. links are broken and I get more permissions errors I was wondering what privs I give the IUSER account so that it can keep my CRM site up and running without having admin access to my IIS.  Thank you.

Monday, January 26, 2009 7:45 PM

Answers

• So I acheived this by changing the password to the IUSER account and setting it as the anon access and putting the correct permissions to NT network services myself.  Avoiding a reinstall.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:02 PM

All replies

• I've never had to manually manage these permissions. I would be tempted to uninstall CRM and delete the CRM web site and then reinstall CRM using an administrative user account. During the installation choose to connect to the existing database so you won't have lost any data. Do make a backup though just in case.

You could waste hours figuring out what the correct permissions should be.

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:33 PM
  •  

Well when I go to change it CRM automatically tells me which parts of CRM and the web site I will be affecting with the change BUT my thing is how do I set up that IUSER so that it will do the things I need it to do in CRM but without me making it an admin account.  Giving Anon access to an admin priv account is what I am trying to avoid. Unless this is a baseless fear but I was told that having the site on an account with admin privs would allow them to wreak havoc on my IIS.
    Monday, January 26, 2009 9:53 PM
  • I would like to avoid reinstalling if I could.  But if that is the only was way then I will do so. 

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:31 PM
  • So I acheived this by changing the password to the IUSER account and setting it as the anon access and putting the correct permissions to NT network services myself.  Avoiding a reinstall.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:02 PM