Added Drive for Server Backup- incomplete RRS feed

• Question

• WHSPP1 is running great. The only issue I am seeing so far is the server backup drops out and needs to be retarted.

I added an External USB drive and set it up as a server backup drive. The drive installed without a hitch. I am trying to run a backup of the Public Folder ( 268 gig ) and I am finding the following;

Last Night I started a backup and the CPU usage ran up to about 70%

After that I lost the WHS Console ( the console went black and then a lost connection notice was presented to me )

The server backup seemed to be halted but the server was not locked up

I restarted the console and I viewed the server backup, there was no notice that it was incomplete. The view backup window had no information in it.

I restarted the server backup and the backup started once again but were it left off.

I have repeated the server backup several time and I am now at 82% complete.

I will continue doing this procedure until the backup is complete.

I will get more detail as I test but I just wanted to get this post up to see if anyone else is seeing this

Update- The server backup did complete and it does show completed in the view backups window. I still have the issue with the backups stopping and the Console loosing connection as above

Friday, June 13, 2008 12:43 PM

Answers

•  pfostini wrote:
    Update- The server backup did complete and it does show completed in the view backups window. I still have the issue with the backups stopping and the Console loosing connection as above
    Please file a bug on Connect, and include server talq logs.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 2:29 PM

All replies

•  pfostini wrote:
    Please file a bug on Connect, and include server talq logs.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 2:29 PM
  • Bug submitted. The Toolkit worked perfectly on WHS but I had a problem with the error reporting on my local Vista Desktop;

Crash window pops up

Windows Home Server Diagnostics

problem signature:

Problem Event Name: Simple

Problem Signature 01: TALQ

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Program crashes

I located the files generated by the desktops error reporting program "TalQ zip" file and attached it to my bug report.

I am new at this, hope I did it right.

Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:55 AM