locked
Added Drive for Server Backup- incomplete RRS feed

  • Question

  • WHSPP1 is running great. The only issue I am seeing so far is the server backup drops out and needs to be retarted.

     

    I added an External USB drive and set it up as a server backup drive. The drive installed without a hitch. I am trying to run a backup of the Public Folder ( 268 gig ) and I am finding the following;

     

    Last Night I started a backup and the CPU usage ran up to about 70%

    After that I lost the WHS Console ( the console went black and then a lost connection notice was presented to me )

    The server backup seemed to be halted but the server was not locked up

    I restarted the console and I viewed the server backup, there was no notice that it was incomplete. The view backup window had no information in it.

    I restarted the server backup and the backup started once again but were it left off.

    I have repeated the server backup several time and I am now at 82% complete.

     

    I will continue doing this procedure until the backup is complete.

     

    I will get more detail as I test but I just wanted to get this post up to see if anyone else is seeing this

     

     

    Update- The server backup did complete and it does show completed in the view backups window. I still have the issue with the backups stopping and the Console loosing connection as above

     

     

     

    Friday, June 13, 2008 12:43 PM

Answers

  •  pfostini wrote:
    Update- The server backup did complete and it does show completed in the view backups window. I still have the issue with the backups stopping and the Console loosing connection as above
    Please file a bug on Connect, and include server talq logs.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 2:29 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  •  pfostini wrote:
    Update- The server backup did complete and it does show completed in the view backups window. I still have the issue with the backups stopping and the Console loosing connection as above
    Please file a bug on Connect, and include server talq logs.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 2:29 PM
    Moderator
  • Bug submitted. The Toolkit worked perfectly on WHS but I had a problem with the error reporting on my local Vista Desktop;

     

    Crash window pops up

     

     Windows Home Server Diagnostics

     

    problem signature:

    Problem Event Name: Simple

    Problem Signature 01: TALQ

    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

    Locale ID: 1033

     

    Program crashes

    I located the files generated by the desktops error reporting program "TalQ zip" file and attached it to my bug report.

     

    I am new at this, hope I did it right.

     

    Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:55 AM