Crm 4.0 client installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have CRM 4.0 installed on a 2003 standard server, but having two problems.

First, I cannot access it through IE even intranet from any other computer in the domain.
    When I type the crmserver address, it asks for login and password but then gives authentication error.
    'http authentication error 401.2 : Access denied"
    I have set the SPN properly for the domain user running the crm services. Do I need to do that for each user?

Second, unable to install the client on any computer. When I give the intranet address during configuration, it says cannot find the server and quits.

Can you please tell me if I need to deploy it for IFD before I can access over the web? How do i check if the SPN has been updated for the user who runs the service? I have been unsuccessfully trying for couple of weeks now to get this running. Please please help me. Thanks,

Raam.
    Friday, July 25, 2008 12:18 PM

Answers

• I think that these two  problems are related.  If it prompts for passwords and does not let you in on the web client and you can't configure the Outlook client, it sounds like you may not be full authenticated to your domain.  You have to be to use it in "on-premises" mode.

If this is the case, IFD will help, because you can authenticate Outlook and web without having to be on the domain.

You probably will want to talk to Microsoft support, and they can help you work out any SPN issues that might be giving you these headaches.

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:29 PM

All replies

• I think that these two  problems are related.  If it prompts for passwords and does not let you in on the web client and you can't configure the Outlook client, it sounds like you may not be full authenticated to your domain.  You have to be to use it in "on-premises" mode.

If this is the case, IFD will help, because you can authenticate Outlook and web without having to be on the domain.

You probably will want to talk to Microsoft support, and they can help you work out any SPN issues that might be giving you these headaches.

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:29 PM
  • Hi Joel,

thanks for your reply...what do you mean not fully authenticated to your domain. I am logged onto the domain. The CRM 4.0 server was installed by a domain admin. Does the client installation also have to be by domain admin?

This server does not have a A record yet, so I didnt think it would be accessible from outside. But why it is not working intranet on IE is what i cannot figure out.

Raam.
    Friday, July 25, 2008 1:09 PM