Window Home Server Console appears completely with gray background RRS feed

• Question

• What caused the window home server console to appears completely with nothing but a gray background? I still can get to the remote desktop to reboot the WHS. After WHS reboots and running again, the console appears back to normal.
    Although the console is now working, I want to knw the reason. TIA

Regards,
    Van
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:31 PM technical question
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:23 PM

Answers

• What caused the window home server console to appears completely with nothing but a gray background? I still can get to the remote desktop to reboot the WHS. After WHS reboots and running again, the console appears back to normal.

Regards,
    Van

It shouldn't.  However, does it happen often or was it just one time?  If it was just once, I wouldn't worry about it.  If it happens all of the time, you'll probably need to provide more information (type of hardware, does it happen from multiple clients, etc).
    • Marked as answer by valvhl Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:47 PM
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:30 PM

All replies

Regards,
    Van

It shouldn't.  However, does it happen often or was it just one time?  If it was just once, I wouldn't worry about it.  If it happens all of the time, you'll probably need to provide more information (type of hardware, does it happen from multiple clients, etc).
    • Marked as answer by valvhl Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:47 PM
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:30 PM
  • This is the first occurrence. I'll take your advice and not to worry it. Thank you for your reply.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:48 PM
  • This is the first occurrence. I'll take your advice and not to worry it. Thank you for your reply.

Is this a brand new server?  If so, is it from HP, Acer, etc?  Or did you build it yourself?
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:17 PM