Robocopy problem in Windows 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Can you please tell me where I can find help for the below question?

System information: Windows 2008, sp2 - running ftp

Trying to run a script utilizing robocopy the copies files from one path to another - the script is as follows:

robocopy G:\ftp_data\ g:\archive_share\archive\ /V /S /E /COPYALL /MINAGE:14 /R:1 /W:30 /log+:c:\scripts\robo-archivelog.txt

The script works properly when run as the Domain administrator, however, with an account that has been granted local administrative rights, I receive the following error:

ERROR : You do not have the Manage Auditing user right.
    *****  You need this to copy auditing information (/COPY:U or /COPYALL).

I should also mention that I granted this account "Manage auditing and security log" through the local security policy console.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:25 PM

Answers

• The account would have to have that priviledge in the target machine too, so this would run better as a domain account which can be added to a local group on each server (ftp server and archive fileserver).

Incidentally, /s /e are mutually exclusive, one does all subfolders except empty ones, one includes empty ones (/e). I have a feeling that /e will win, but to be sure you ought to be selecting only one of these.

(but this really is not a CRM question)
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:00 PM
  • Tuesday, October 6, 2009 7:11 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, October 6, 2009 7:11 PM
  • The account would have to have that priviledge in the target machine too, so this would run better as a domain account which can be added to a local group on each server (ftp server and archive fileserver).

Incidentally, /s /e are mutually exclusive, one does all subfolders except empty ones, one includes empty ones (/e). I have a feeling that /e will win, but to be sure you ought to be selecting only one of these.

(but this really is not a CRM question)
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:00 PM