Is Read on User on Organization Level a requirement for tracking emails in the outlook client? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I was wondering if "Read on User on Organization-Level is a requirement for tracking emails in the outlook client"?

We are currently having problems tracking email where participants does not exist in CRM, we get a "SYSTEM user account not found" in the outlook trace. (If the emails are known to CRM it works fine) We currently have read on User on BU-Level, if we up it to Organization-Level, the problems stops.

The problem is that we really don't want to do this, as then user can see user from different BU (with their wall with all their activities). 

Is there any good solution to this scenario?

Monday, January 23, 2017 1:56 PM

All replies

• * bump

Anyone?

Friday, February 24, 2017 11:17 AM
  • I don't see any documentation on this being a requirement, but all of the out of the box Security Roles I've seen have this set to Organization level.  Therefore it's probably a very good chance that this is required - especially if setting it to Organization fixes your issue.

Can you explain to me your concern about setting this to Organization?  You mentioned that a user can see a user from a different BU with their wall and with all their activities.  Can you not just set the Read level permissions on Activities to Business Unit?  Doing so will mean that the user can see other users, but they won't be able to see their activities.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:35 PM