Variable success with Video Panorama RRS feed

• Question

• I have a collection of video clips in a fair number of formats; wmv, avi, mpg, mod, mov. Some of  these  will work with Video Panorama in ICE and others will not - they give the error message"Cannot open video file". I can play all of these clips in Microsoft Windows Media Player 12 so I naturally assumed that they would also work in Microsoft ICE. This is obviously not so. Why is this and what do I have to do to get them recognised?
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 7:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Windows Media Player will handle more formats than ICE will.  Microsoft ICE uses a relatively new technology called Media foundation to read video.  The list of supported codecs is available here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd757927(v=vs.85).aspx
    Saturday, July 9, 2011 8:58 PM
  • I also find the AVI file produced by my Ricoh camera rejected by ICE. Can you please tell me exactly how I can make the ICE stitch from an AVI file? Is there something I must download/install first, or must I convert the AVI file to a different format? Looking at the "....list of supported codecs" just doesn't get the job done.

Many thanks in advance -

Monday, October 22, 2012 10:56 PM