MS Money Plus Deluxe RRS feed

• Question

• I have reloaded MS Money 5 and updated to MS Money Plus Deluxe on my PC which is using Windows 10.  I have noticed that there is an add-on called 'Sunset' which I have tried to download.  'Sunset' might be already in the existing programme that I have running but I am unable to find any reference to the file.  Have I already got 'Sunset' running or do I have to download and install it again?
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:35 AM

All replies

• Sunset is not an add-on.  It is the name commonly used for the final version of Money Plus Deluxe that was issued by Microsoft.  If you downloaded and installed it from the link in the second"sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

then you already have it.  Note that since you are running Windows 10, you should update the mnyob99.dll file as described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

If you can open your previous Money.mny file with Sunset then you are all set.  If not, or if you need help with any of the above, post back with the details of what you did and any error messages.

Bill Becker

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:40 AM
  • Giving your spelling of "programme", can I assume that you are not in the US?  If so, you can't use Sunset, but need to use the version of MS Money 5 from the first sticky in this forum.  This version contains the required update that is not in your original CD version of MS Money 5.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:53 AM
  • Money 5 is Money 97. If Expara17 is running Money Plus Deluxe he is already using a US only version of Money.

The release version of Money Plus Deluxe was 17.0.120.1415. The Sunset version is 17.0.120.3817.

Sunset can be used anywhere. Data files from non-US versions cannot be read by Sunset, so Sunset cannot be used to update non-US Money versions.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:37 AM