CRM 2013 Online : SSRS report displaying images RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hope you all are doing well.

I am struggling since couple of days displaying images into CRM 2013 online reports and i am shocked to see none of my attempt have been succeeded and CRM online sand boxing has put way too much of restrictions at every corner.

Please find following details of what i have tried so far.

1. Displaying images from share point, having CRM is online version we can not put execution account to share point and fetch images. - Failed

2. Displaying images from external public website, sand boxing service do not allow to fetch images from third party location ( e.g. www.mywebsite.com/CRMImages/Image1.png) if i am using external source in SSRS image report - Failed

3. Storing image in CRM web resource and providing URL of of that web resource, none of the format worked to display images (e.g. www.mycrm.crm4.dynamics.com/webresource/img1, /webresource/img1, webresource/img1 ) - Failed

4. Storing images in notes, Here i had partial success but again restriction within fetch XML of 2000 characters for attribute i am unable to retrieve full image, if i have image of 45KB stored in CRM, I am just able to see 10% part of images rendered in image. - Failed exhaustively.

I am now assuming and loosing my hope that i would ever be able to display image in CRM online report,

It would be gladly appreciated if you guys can help me to get out from this trouble from any possible way of achieving this.

Regards,

Hiren

Thanks and regards,
    Hiren Solanki.
    Please vote or mark as a answer if it helped you.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Hiren,

I am not sure if this helps since you are on CRMOnline. We are on on-premise and I uploaded an image to the actual SSRS folder and was able to show the image on the reports. Other method did not work (adding an external image hosted in a public URL.). Does CRM online allow uploading images to SSRS site ?

How many pictures are there ? I am sure pictures can be embedded into reports if they are small and if there are only few images.

please find below what I did. Sorry I did not reply to your previous post sooner.

Regards,

Jithesh.K

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:46 PM