How to restore shared files RRS feed

• Question

• I´ve had a server crash, and could not restore it. My harddrive is not damage and the files are int. Now to my question, I´ve had to plug in my harddrive to my desktop comp. wich lead to a hard time getting the files from shared folder to my C drive. i have tried to make it work but i cant. Can you do that or do i have to install this harddrive and boot it as WHS??

Any idea?

Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:45 PM

Answers

• There was just one HD. Yes, i get error message 0*80070780: the file cannot be accessed by the system, when i try to copy. Im trying to copy from x:\shares.
    It is a question of access i think, cause i can´t even open the file/files.

have a lot of pics of my fam. on there so I need to get this fixed :)

Try copying from x:\DE\shares (DE is a hidden folder).  The real data should be there (x:\shares is only tombstones).
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by sols Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:04 PM
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:39 PM

All replies

• I´ve had a server crash, and could not restore it. My harddrive is not damage and the files are int. Now to my question, I´ve had to plug in my harddrive to my desktop comp. wich lead to a hard time getting the files from shared folder to my C drive. i have tried to make it work but i cant. Can you do that or do i have to install this harddrive and boot it as WHS??

Any idea?

How many hard drives were in your server at the time of the crash?  Are you getting an error message when you try to copy files?  If so, exactly what does it say?  Are you copying from x:\shares or x:\DE\shares (where x is the letter assigned to the drive by your client PC)?
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 9:23 PM
  • There was just one HD. Yes, i get error message 0*80070780: the file cannot be accessed by the system, when i try to copy. Im trying to copy from x:\shares.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:24 AM

Try copying from x:\DE\shares (DE is a hidden folder).  The real data should be there (x:\shares is only tombstones).
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by sols Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:04 PM
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:39 PM
  • :) Thank you Kariya21.

You saved my day.. Did´nt know that, but i do now... Thank you so much.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:07 PM