Where to start implementing dynamics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I have been tasked to implement dynamics for a company. I have contact with developers. Where do I start? Do I need to map all the companies business processes and then hand them over to the developer. Please advise.

Best Wishes Howard

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Howard,

The first thing I would need to know is if you're going for a new implementation of Dynamics CRM, meaning the company doesn't have Dynamics CRM in place. If that is the case, the first thing you need to figure out is planning the installation. There are a few factors involved that determines what is needed for the implementation, like hardware infrastructure, software requirements, etc. I would suggest going through the Dynamics CRM 2013 Implementation Guide here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40322.

However, if you already have Dynamics CRM in place, or after you are done with installing Dynamics CRM (as in the previous case), the first thing you need to do is collect all the business requirements and plan with the development team on what would possibly be the best way to achieve that using Dynamics CRM, whether or not there are any integration with other systems, what are the components to be developed. Once you have figured that out, your developers can start the actual implementation.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:52 AM