Install Logitech webcam & stream live on WHS RRS feed

All replies

• I was trying to install this on WHS, but it doesn't like any of the drivers for my Logitech Orbit.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 7:02 PM
  • I am using a logitech quickcam orbit AF on windows home server.

The problem that I am having is not getting the video or audio working that is showing up fine.  It is the camera will not move around.  I believe this is due to WHS seeing it as a generic USB Video Class UVC device.

I tried the steps above and it doesn't believe the drivers I am asking it to use are better then the USB Video driver so it will not update.

Has anyone had success in getting one of these cameras to work with WHS or any ideas on what to try next?
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:18 PM
  • I am having the same problem with movement, but with the older version of the Logitech Orbit.  If you figure it out please post.  I will do the same.
    Friday, December 26, 2008 11:48 PM
  • I managed to get it sorted after some messing about - I ended up downloading the Windows 2000 driver from Logitech as the link supplied above gave me the newest driver, after using Universal Extractor (great tool, been using it for ages) I used the PRO driver (not the PRO3 one) which loaded the Quickcam Orbit/Sphere up no problem, I also loaded the microphone driver from the same folder.........success!! I havn't tried it yet, not had time with the rest of the setup but I'll report back as soon as I have fiddled with it a bit more. Thanks for the heads up you lot, great stuff.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:28 PM