equivalent to Deoxygen for VBA RRS feed

• Question

• I wonder if anyone is aware of an application which is similar to DeOxygen tool which is used to automatically document code in particular using the comments in the code to generate a documents which shows the function and Sub calls?  I have some legacy code which may need to be documented.

• Moved by Just Karl Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:53 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    • Edited by JJProgrammer Monday, February 15, 2016 10:54 AM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:50 PM
  • Hello,

Per http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/, it should work with C#.

The support page is http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/support.html, which includes this:

You can also check Stack Overflow and ask your questions there using the doxygen label.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Sunday, February 7, 2016 10:45 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:53 PM
  • Dear Karl,

Thank you for your answer.  In my question I should have stated that I would like an equivalent  of Deoxygen for VBA.  In particular I am looking for a program which will document the Sub-routines and Function calls and perhaps a list of parameters for each sub.  Deoxygen will take the comments and make up the start technical documentation for a list of sub and function calls in a given program.

I wonder if you have any information about a similar utility?

Monday, February 15, 2016 10:50 AM
  • Dear Karl,

Thank you, I am new to the Forum.  So the Expression Library will be something I will use in the future.

Jinous

Monday, February 15, 2016 11:01 AM
  • Dear Karl,

Thank you for your answer.  In my question I should have stated that I would like an equivalent  of Deoxygen for VBA.  In particular I am looking for a program which will document the Sub-routines and Function calls and perhaps a list of parameters for each sub.  Deoxygen will take the comments and make up the start technical documentation for a list of sub and function calls in a given program.

I wonder if you have any information about a similar utility?

Hello,

I don't know of such a utility.

You might ask in the Microsoft Office for Developers forums.

And, yes, it's always a good idea to state your question clearly.

Karl

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:09 PM