CRM 2011 Online: unable to view or log errors. RRS feed

• Question

• For CRM 2011 Online, is there any way to log error messages that occur insude plug-ins?  

With an on-premise installation, I can create a new connection to the organization service and log exceptions to a custom CRM entity (you can't use the service provided by the plugin context because then your logging would happen in the same transaction as the plug-in, and would just get rolled back when the transaction fails).  This strategy doesn't work with CRM online though, or at least we have not been able to get it to work.  The main problem is authenticating against a live id from within a sand-boxed plug-in.  So is error loging impossible on CRM online?

Another issue we have is simply not being able to see error messages from a silverlight client.  The error message is always just "Not Found".  I can fix this for on-premise solutions by adding the following line to my code: 

WebRequest.RegisterPrefix(baseUrl.Scheme + "://", WebRequestCreator.ClientHttp);

Again, this doesn't work in CRM online because it breaks the liveId authentication. 

Has anyone found solutions or workarounds for either of these problems? 

thanks,

Erik Pool | Avanade XRM | http://erikpool.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:09 PM

Answers

All replies