none
Can Forms be added to the Raspberry Pi Blink project? RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to create and run the Raspberry Pi Blink project. It blinks a LED that is connected to my Raspberry.

Is it possible to add forms to this project? If it is possible, I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. I'll keep exploring.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hi DWiseJr,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I have something to confirm with you. What’s your Visual Studio version? And what is your program language? C++ or C#?

As I know, if you want to insert a form to C++ or C# projects, please first install the  Desktop development with C++ or .NET desktop development workloads by running your Visual Studio Installer > Modify. Then, launch your Visual Studio and right-click your project > Add > New Item… > select the Windows Form. You could have a look at the similar issues:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e6fbde42-d872-4ab3-8000-41ab22a4a584/visual-studio-2017-windows-forms?forum=winformsdesigner

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45653884/how-to-add-new-win-form-in-project-c

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:21 AM
  • Thank you very much for the response Anna.

I already have Desktop development with C++ or .NET desktop development workloads installed. Looking at the links that you provided, I do not have the UI option when trying to add a new Item.

The Workload I started out with is the Raspberry Pi Blink project, but I've also been trying the opposite approach and creating a Windows Forms project with .NET Core or .NET Framework, and then adding the __WIRING_PI_H__ Dependency, but I can't figure out how to do that either.

Unfortunately I am unable to upload any screen shots because it says my account is not verified.
    Thursday, March 26, 2020 1:03 AM
  • Hi DWiseJr,

Thanks for your update.

For your requirement, please right-click your Windows Forms project in Solution Explorer > Manage NuGet Packages… > search “WIRING_PI_H” > Install.

BTW, you could refer to the link to verify your account to upload a screenshot.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:36 AM
  • Thank you very much again Anna. I found and installed WIRING_PI_H and I am going to try it now.

I checked that link and I cannot find the option to reply so I can be verifid. I am not getting email notification about your replies to my posts here. I looked in my profile and did not see anywhere to add my email.

Thank you again for all the help!
    Friday, March 27, 2020 12:27 AM
  • Hi DWiseJr,

Thanks for your feedback.

If you want to expeditly verify your account, please add a reply in this following thread:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/94f05325-8566-4c4c-806c-179a5a0beafc/verify-accounts-43?forum=reportabug

About the notification of replies, please select the "Alert me" when you submit a reply.

Hoping everything goes well.

Sincerely,

Anna

Friday, March 27, 2020 9:56 AM
  • Hi DWiseJr,

Thanks for your update.

For your requirement, please right-click your Windows Forms project in Solution Explorer > Manage NuGet Packages… > search “WIRING_PI_H” > Install

BTW, you could refer to the link to verify your account to upload a screenshot.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Anna 

Thank you so much for the support.

I found Unosquare.WiringPi and added it to my Forms project. But I am unfamiliar with C programming and the way it's declared and initialized in the Visual Studio "Blink" project doesn't work in my Visual Studio Forms project. Can you tell me if is possible to use it with my Forms project, and if so how?

I am very familiar with Visual Basic. Do you know if it is possible to use 
    Unosquare.WiringPi with Visual Basic?

• Edited by DWiseJr Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:28 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2020 7:19 PM
  • Hi DWiseJr,

Thanks for your update.

According to your description, I suppose this issue is more about code development, which is not the scope of this forum. I suggest you could redirect to Stack Overflow tagged wiringpi or Stack Overflow tagged raspberry-pi forum, and start a new thread for a more professional help.

If you have any more Visual Studio General Questions in the future, please feel free to post in this forum.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Anna

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 8:09 AM
  • Hi DWiseJr,

Thanks for your update.

According to your description, I suppose this issue is more about code development, which is not the scope of this forum. I suggest you could redirect to Stack Overflow tagged wiringpi or Stack Overflow tagged raspberry-pi forum, and start a new thread for a more professional help.

If you have any more Visual Studio General Questions in the future, please feel free to post in this forum.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Anna

Thank you Anna.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020 1:06 PM