Bug - Resolve Conflict dialog with long file names RRS feed

Answers

• Interesting - you can just see the "delete" link hiding under "Weezer" (so the line is wrapping down).

I don't think there is a proper workaround, but when I reproduced this by using stupidly long filenames I could "click" on the different options with the tab key - so tabbing until I saw the slight box highlighting the desired option and then hitting "enter".

Apart from the fact that this is clearly not the way to do things, if the filename was really long you probably wouldn't see the options at all (in my case I only see the top dots of the letters for both options).

Lodge a bug on Connect (probably no need for logs) - instructions are mentioned on the main page - and then post the ID back here so that we can validate it.

Nice find!

Oren
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:17 AM

All replies

• Interesting - you can just see the "delete" link hiding under "Weezer" (so the line is wrapping down).

I don't think there is a proper workaround, but when I reproduced this by using stupidly long filenames I could "click" on the different options with the tab key - so tabbing until I saw the slight box highlighting the desired option and then hitting "enter".

Apart from the fact that this is clearly not the way to do things, if the filename was really long you probably wouldn't see the options at all (in my case I only see the top dots of the letters for both options).

Lodge a bug on Connect (probably no need for logs) - instructions are mentioned on the main page - and then post the ID back here so that we can validate it.

Nice find!

Oren
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:17 AM
  • I'm also seeing this, it happend when I meshed my Favorites folder. Some of the .url files have quite long names.
    Stefan Krueger, Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer, www.InstallSite.org
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:41 PM
  • I agree. This needs to be submitted as a bug on Connect. See the announcement at the top of the forum for instructions on how to do this. (I also agree that logs are probably not needed by the team as it is easily reproduced)
    How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs (can't link to announcements)

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:15 PM
  • Hi all,

Another customer has already opened a bug on this if you'd like to validate it: https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=402228

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:09 PM
  • That link doesn't work for me, and serching for ID 402228 results in "invalid feedback ID". Maybe that bug report isn't public?
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:32 PM
  • same here - I don't seem to be able to access quite a few of the mesh related bugs that are posted on the forums.
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:50 PM
  • It could well be private. In that case, I'd go ahead and file a new bug report.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:44 PM
  • Hi all,

It's not private, but there was definitely something strange going on.  It should be working now.  Please try the link again, and let me know if you still run into problems viewing the bug.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:44 PM
  • All good :) Thanks!
    Friday, January 23, 2009 12:23 AM
  • Yes, tThe links works now. I've added my validation to the bug on Connect.
    Friday, January 23, 2009 10:07 PM