Can't Get a Validation Code RRS feed

• Question

• I have read several of these forums and nothing seems to be working for me. I need to get a validation code to install something using the Windows Genuine Validation tools which gives me an error message saying it's out of date, to install the latest version and be sure my system clock is accurate.

1. I am using Windows XP Professional

2. I AM using Internet Explorer (8 I believe.. it is also set as my default browser and has been reverted back to default settings)

3. I have run the windows diagnostic test and some other validation thing which I passed everything just fine but I still need the validation code!! PLEASE HELP!

Friday, September 28, 2012 2:26 PM

Answers

• Yes - I just wanted to check that your system is acting properly, given a proper starting point (you probably already have the update installed). That download required validation (hence the Continue button), and you appear to already have the proper ActiveX controls installed, together with the proper settings (hence the Download button and successful download).

As I suspected, you appear to be starting your attempt to download the file you require at the wrong point - inside the Alternative Validation procedure - rather than at the link to the proper download.

You need to go back to the point where you discovered the original link, and start again from there.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:19 PM

All replies

• You should attempt validation at www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/.  Afterward, you should be able to download the Microsoft file.

Carey Frisch

Friday, September 28, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Using Internet Explorer 32-bit, visit www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ to validate, then return to the original download site and you should be good to go.

Carey Frisch

Friday, September 28, 2012 8:32 PM
  • I've already done that. I forgot what it was called but that's I meant by "some other validation thing". I've done it like 4 or 5 times and nothing will make that error message stop popping up.
    Monday, October 1, 2012 12:30 PM
  • To help us analyze and troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.
    Once you run the tool, click on the
    Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post.

Carey Frisch

Monday, October 1, 2012 3:51 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-7CGB2-JYG8D-WWPF6
    Windows Product Key Hash: yD98kbSd12zGO2c7YszgmMl30l8=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2227967-06350
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {36FCD9B2-6959-4E24-8A79-404BB7F01C53}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.42.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{36FCD9B2-6959-4E24-8A79-404BB7F01C53}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WWPF6</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2227967-06350</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1343024091-1580818891-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Shuttle Inc</Manufacturer><Model>SG31</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20081104000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>624831770184E078</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>7480B9502DF0D86</Val><Hash>oYWOW5ayFE3pZ+jvTpuXYsY64JE=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-8722531-65704</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="BA" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 10061:Shuttle Inc
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A
    Monday, October 1, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Visit Genuine Microsoft Software – Diagnostic Site and click on Start Diagnostics.  Restart your computer and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Carey Frisch

Monday, October 1, 2012 5:28 PM
  • I passed the diagnostic test and restarted my computer. Still getting the same error message. Starting to think the tool may actually be broken (from Microsoft's end) since none of the workarounds seem to actually be working for me and I've read on these forums a lot of people having this same problem with no working solution thus far.
    Monday, October 1, 2012 5:59 PM
  • What "is" the precise message you are seeing?

Carey Frisch

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:49 PM
  • "This version of the Windows Genuine Advantage validation tool is no longer supported.  Please download the newest version and ensure your system clock is accurate."
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:29 PM
  • Go back to the original page **using Internet Explorer 32-bit** and try again.

MS appear to have broken the ability of all other browsers to run the ActiveX validation - hopefully they will fix it soon.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:53 PM
  • I have been using IE this whole time (as stated in my original post). And yes -- it's set as my default browser.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:57 PM
  • What page are you attempting to access - and what download?

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:02 PM
  • It is the Genuine Windows Validation tool. It is for some software I was prompted to download in order to be able to burn DVD's on my computer (I recently had my computer wiped so I guess this is software I previously had that got removed). I just need a validation code to proceed with the download and it seems like I'll be good to go but alas the validation tool is "out of date". I really need this software because it's crucial that I be able to burn DVD's at work (the computer I am trying to get a validation tool for).
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:13 PM
  • What EXACT page are you trying to access - you do NOT want the 'Validation Tool', you wnat a specific page, which holds the file you need.

On that page will be a 'Continue' button - click on that, and IE should do the validation in about 5 seconds - although you may need to update your ActiveX controls along the way.

DO NOT click on the 'alternative validation' links.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:31 PM
  • I'm not at the webpage anymore since I restarted my computer so unfortunately I can't copy/paste the link. I was trying to burn a DVD using PlayMemories (Sony video editing software) and I was prompted to download this software from Microsoft in order to be able burn a DVD. It took me to the download page but before I can download the software I MUST put in a validation code using the validation tool.

I've been searching for "ActiveX Options" in my internet tools/options. I don't know how to change those or update them. I've reverted IE back to all default settings though.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:44 PM
  • That sounds very much as if you're going direct to the Alternate Validation page, rather than the proper download page.

For test purposes, what happens if you go to this page?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6042

Click on the Continue button - what EXACTLY happens??

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:18 PM
  • I was able to download it just fine. It did not prompt me for a validation code at all. That looked like a Windows XP Update, is that what it was?
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:07 PM
  • Yes - I just wanted to check that your system is acting properly, given a proper starting point (you probably already have the update installed). That download required validation (hence the Continue button), and you appear to already have the proper ActiveX controls installed, together with the proper settings (hence the Download button and successful download).

As I suspected, you appear to be starting your attempt to download the file you require at the wrong point - inside the Alternative Validation procedure - rather than at the link to the proper download.

You need to go back to the point where you discovered the original link, and start again from there.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:19 PM
  • I'm pretty sure it is working now. The download has begun with no hassle of a validation code. Looks like I needed to set IE as the default browser (with default settings) and THEN reaccess the download page from the original prompt. Thanks!
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:32 PM
  • It doesn't matter what I try here. Ive been to the validation page it says its genuine. But anything that needs validation doesnt work, I click on continue it wants to download the tool. Which obviously doesnt work. I've made IE the default browser, it still doesn't work. So, as someone has said before someone has borked this up at MS.
    • Edited by Taupo Tech Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:28 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:28 PM
  • Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:14 AM