Confusion regarding MCTS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I worked one year in Windows application development now I have shifted to web technology, I decided to do MCTS but my confusion is which certification suits me whether certification in windows or in web and moreover is it a correct time for me to do certification or should i need to get some experiences and doing certification. I am confused, literally, please guide me.

Thanks,

karthik

Friday, May 6, 2011 6:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Friend,
      Its up to you that in which technology you want to take the certification. I took for both, means i took windows 3.5 when i was working on windows and web 3.5 when i was doing web apps. It is the right time for you to take certification, so that it will help you to showcase your skills and knowledge. Your resume will get noticed and shortlisted easily. Since you are working in Web based application now, i prefer you to go and learn the material for web based certification, which will help you to contribute more on the project you are working.

-- Thanks Ajith R [MCTS:ASP.NET&Win Forms]
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:31 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:42 AM
  • I think that here you can pick up something for yourselves.
    Friday, May 6, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Karthik,

Since you worked for a year in windows app development, you can easily finish off that exam first and then take this web exam. The reason is because as you continue to work more and more on web apps on a day-to-day basis for your work, it might be easier if you have some experience in it ...

Rakesh
    • Proposed as answer by Rakesh Vasu Friday, May 6, 2011 7:42 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Friend,
      Its up to you that in which technology you want to take the certification. I took for both, means i took windows 3.5 when i was working on windows and web 3.5 when i was doing web apps. It is the right time for you to take certification, so that it will help you to showcase your skills and knowledge. Your resume will get noticed and shortlisted easily. Since you are working in Web based application now, i prefer you to go and learn the material for web based certification, which will help you to contribute more on the project you are working.

-- Thanks Ajith R [MCTS:ASP.NET&Win Forms]
    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:42 AM
  • I think that here you can pick up something for yourselves.
    Friday, May 6, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Karthik,

Since you worked for a year in windows app development, you can easily finish off that exam first and then take this web exam. The reason is because as you continue to work more and more on web apps on a day-to-day basis for your work, it might be easier if you have some experience in it ...

Rakesh
    • Proposed as answer by Rakesh Vasu Friday, May 6, 2011 7:42 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 7:42 PM
  • Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your Suggestion. I am going to write web exam. Thank you.

Karthik

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the Link Alexandr. It is very useful.

Thanks,

Karthik

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:53 AM