CRM 4 - FetchXml Query RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey ,

I am using CRM 4.

I need to build the following sql query as FetchXML.

Code Snippet

SELECT * From dbo.FilteredContact Where

NOT Exists(select * from dbo.FilteredNew_Codes

where FilteredNew_Codes.new_contactnameid = FilteredContact.contactid

AND FilteredNew_Codes.new_codeidname = 'NAB')

I need to build a savedquery from that FetchXML.

Anyone has any idea how to do it ?

10x

Ido

Monday, January 19, 2009 10:48 AM

Answers

• You can't do this type of query in FetchXML. As a general rule, any SQL query that can only be written using subqueries cannot be implemented via FetchXML.

Unfortunately there's no obvious way around this. You could write a plugin on the Execute method to intercept the results of a query, and change what is returned to the user, but it's fairly complex, and I've not found a good way to manage the paging numbers in this way

Monday, January 19, 2009 11:44 AM

All replies

• You can't do this type of query in FetchXML. As a general rule, any SQL query that can only be written using subqueries cannot be implemented via FetchXML.

Unfortunately there's no obvious way around this. You could write a plugin on the Execute method to intercept the results of a query, and change what is returned to the user, but it's fairly complex, and I've not found a good way to manage the paging numbers in this way

Monday, January 19, 2009 11:44 AM
  • why not

SELECT * From dbo.FilteredContact

JOIN dbo.FilteredNew_Codes

ON FilteredNew_Codes.new_contactnameid <> FilteredContact.contactid

WHERE FilteredNew_Codes.new_codeidname = 'NAB')

I know it's one of those ugly double triangle joins and your dba won't like it but Microsoft leaves you no choice.  You can always hope the optimizer converts the query execution to something tighter.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:08 PM