Installing Win 7 in Parallels after aborted VMWare install RRS feed

• Question

• I installed my copy of Windows 7 in VMWare, but then deleted it (the VM, including the install). The performance of VMWare was atrocious. I wanted to install it under Parallels, and should have deactivated I suppose, but I didn't. Is there a more automatic way of allowing me to install it other than calling MS Support? Or is that the answer?
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:43 AM

Answers

• If by Install, you mean Activate, then yes, if you get an error while Activating over the Internet, the resolution would be to Activate by Phone.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, August 13, 2010 7:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:56 PM

All replies

• If by Install, you mean Activate, then yes, if you get an error while Activating over the Internet, the resolution would be to Activate by Phone.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, August 13, 2010 7:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:56 PM
  • "DougG00" wrote in message news:258fdcd9-c226-469d-bea7-984dd8835b64...
    I installed my copy of Windows 7 in VMWare, but then deleted it (the VM, including the install). The performance of VMWare was atrocious. I wanted to install it under Parallels, and should have deactivated I suppose, but I didn't. Is there a more automatic way of allowing me to install it other than calling MS Support? Or is that the answer?

You need to use telephone activation, yes -
    Click on the Start Button, the in the Search box, type
    SLUI   4
    and hit the Enter key.
    Follow the instructions there - but when asked which service you require, do NOT answer - this should force an operator to respond, and you can let them deal with your problem.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:26 PM