remote connection not starting RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new SBS 2008 domain with 5 client computers (all XP Pro w/ SP3). I can connect to all but one of the computers via RWW and/or RDC. The one I cannot connect to shows up on the SBS Console and is seemingly communicating  in all other ways (update status, virus protection, etc.). I removed it from the domain and rejoined with another name to see if there was a configuration error. When I updated the virus protection, it showed the new status shortly after.
    When I try to connect via the RWW window, the small window comes up, then the logon window. As soon as I click on the connect button, both windows disappear and I am back to the RWW window only. I can not find any entries in the event logs of either the SBS or the client workstation that would indicate a problem and there is no error windows either.
    I can RDC out to other computers from the workstation and can connect to the server via RWW from the workstation, so I believe that all the firewall settings are correct.

What is the right approach to take; communication, SBS 2008 or hardware issues?

Thanks
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:49 PM

Answers