Office professional Plus 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• My daughter purchased ms office professional plus 2010 from journeyed through her high school. It says licensed for use only by students and faculty. How many pcs and laptops can this software be installed on. We have one pc and two laptops. I contacted JourneyEd and they said I could install on 2 pcs. Where can i buy another activation key so I can install on my sons laptop. Thank you

Friday, January 21, 2011 4:57 PM

Answers

• Hello guitarman56,

Office Professional Plus 2010 is an Office Edition that is usually sold to larger business, educational, and governmental organizations thru Volume Licensing.  Quite often the educational part of that kind of licensing allows students and faculty of participating educational institutions to purchase the product at a good discount either directly from the school or thru specific distributors such as JourneyEd.

It's easy to verify what you were told by JourneyEd regarding how many computers on which you can install this particular student license for Pro Plus 2010, just start Word then click on File then About and then click on the link to view the Software Licensing Terms.  The number of devices allowed is usually listed in Paragraph 2, but check later in the doc for any terms specific to your product.

The problem with getting additional product keys/licences for Office Pro Plus 2010 is that it is not an edition of Office that is sold everywhere at retail--you must meet qualifications for individuals to buy it---just like your daughter had to be a student at a particiapting school to buy it in the first place.  I have to assume that because you're asking this question, your son's circumstances do not allow another purchase from JourneyEd.  If they do, then that would be your best option.

Otherwise, your next best option would be to buy Office Professional Academic Edition 2010, which is the closest edition to Professional Plus.  It has the same programs as the regular Office Professional 2010 but at academic licensing pricing.  Here's one place you can get it:  http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:47 PM
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 12:53 PM