taxCDN.tbl RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try to open "Categories" or "Payees" in Money 2005 UK (1105) I'm getting the dreaded message "One of Money's components (taxCDN.tbl) is missing or corrupted. You should reinstall money to correct this". Reinstalling does NOT help. The problem came on suddenly after many years of no problems. I suspect it may be related to my recently messing with Windows 7's regional settings (I immigrated to Canada from the UK a couple of years ago and only recently decided to change the regional settings) Everything else I have tried (including changing various combinations of Regional settings) does NOT help. Please help!!!!!!
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 5:27 AM

All replies

• There is this reference:

"You may have selected a canadian language (French or English) in the Control panel's regional settings. Check and if necessary, change to another langage. You may have to : - uninstall and install again Money 2005 in a new folder - create a new file."

It seems to tie in with your mention of regional settings and Canada.My install of Money2005 UK does not have a taxCDN.tbl files so I would guess (and it is a guess) that UK just uses the standard tab.tbl file.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 8:17 AM
  • Tried this many times. Doesn't work. Can anybody let me have the taxCDN.tbl file so I can reinstall it?
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 8:08 PM
  • It is included in "USMoneyDlxSunset.exe" the US Sunset version. 

Your safest option is to download it from Microsoft and extract the file(s) you want. WinRar will open it directly or you might have to unpack it to a folder using the method described here.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/money/thread/e0de648f-fbcf-482f-bc3f-819cefd08aa4
    • Edited by banjomike Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:13 PM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Hi, I have the same problem.

The solution is, in fact, very simple.

When I using XP there seems no problem and it only happens on my Windows 7.  So, here I post my solution on Windows 7.

1. Exit Money.
    2. Open this folder on your computer:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money 2005\MNYCoreFiles\WebCache
    3. Locate "tax.tbl", make a copy on your desktop (or anywhere), rename it to "taxCDN.tbl", copy back to the original folder.
    4. Start Money.  Done.

Hope this can help you (and please rate this as solution for other Money 2005 users)

• Proposed as answer by johnklk Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:12 AM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:11 AM