Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC90.MFC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I'm trying to register a 3rd party COM dll to be used in a WCF service application, but calling regsvr32 fails with the sxstrace output below. How to solve the problem?

Harri

INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8".
    	INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture amd64.
    		INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
    			INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
    				INFO: No publisher policy found.
    				INFO: No binding policy redirect found.
    			INFO: Begin assembly probing.
    				INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Microsoft.VC90.MFC\9.0.21022.8__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC90.MFC.DLL.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\Temp\test\Microsoft.VC90.MFC.DLL.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\Temp\test\Microsoft.VC90.MFC.MANIFEST.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\Temp\test\Microsoft.VC90.MFC\Microsoft.VC90.MFC.DLL.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\Temp\test\Microsoft.VC90.MFC\Microsoft.VC90.MFC.MANIFEST.
    				INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
    			INFO: End assembly probing.
    	ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8".
    ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
    • Moved by Harry Zhu Saturday, January 2, 2010 8:28 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Monday, December 28, 2009 10:36 PM

Answers

• I suggest you visit the Visual C++ General forum.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 5:58 AM

All replies

• After installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) sxstrace output is empty, but the following dialog still appears...

... and the COM component is not on the reference list in Visual Web Developer.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 7:02 AM
  • Hi,

The question relating to registering com dll is beyond the scope of c# forum , I'm moving the thread to : Where is the forum for ... forum .
    The experts there will guide you to to the right place for the question .

Thanks,
    Harry
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 8:27 AM
  • I suggest you visit the Visual C++ General forum.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, January 3, 2010 5:58 AM