Referral mail not reaching fenz RRS feed

• Question

• Did any one face this problem. None of my referrals has reached my friends. It have sent most of them to yahoo and gmail. If anyone has faced the same problem please suggest a solution..

Cheers and happy rocking.
    Friday, September 7, 2007 6:49 PM

All replies

• When did you send the referrals?? It is working absolutely fine for me here..

Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:48 AM
  • The mail might havegone to the bulk folder
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 9:49 AM
  • I experienced the same problem!
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 3:19 PM
  • hey man, jus ask ur frndz to check the bulk folder...bcoz in the prev. rockstar contest all the mails from student rockstar contest r moved to the bulk folder by most of the mail servers...
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 4:26 PM
  • Microsoft servers don't trust each other. Wink
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 4:46 PM
  • I tol them to check the bulk folder also, no use it is not there also...
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 5:34 PM
  • In my case referal email is going fine but my friends are not receiving any sms on thir mobile phone for code.
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 3:00 AM
  •  

The code by Sms will be recieved only if your friend signs up for the competition clicking on the link given in the referral mail... Note that the SMS will be recieved only after one signs up, filling in the registration form....
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 3:38 AM
  • If you had sent the referrals before 4th September 12 PM, it will not reach your friends (since the site was formally opened at that time only).. If that is the case, just resend the referrals to all your friends...

Sunday, September 9, 2007 3:42 AM
  • You can also test whether the referral has been really sent by the following simple method.

Type in the details of your friend and his mobile number in the referral page (the details of the person who you have already referred but they havn't got the mail) , and click on submit...

If it says "Your friend XXXX has been sent a referral to join Student Rockstar", then the previous time you tried to send the referral would have been a failure...

Else if it says "Your friend XXXX has already been referred on this mobile number", then ask your friend to check the bulk mail and junk mail folder for the referral mail..

Sunday, September 9, 2007 3:49 AM
  • I have sent after the contest was live (i.e. after 4th september)
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 5:35 PM
  • @Raghuram

I had tried it already, the second case occured(as mentioned in ur post) but still the mail was neither is my frenz bulk nor the inbox.
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 5:38 PM
  • man even i am having probs in referrals.

all my referrals are getting mails. but even after they signed up, they didn't receive the sms.

Sunday, September 9, 2007 7:10 PM
  • They have given so many measures to prevent false referrals, that referrals are not materalizing and ultimately site is down
    Sunday, September 9, 2007 7:34 PM
  • hi ya 4 me am getting my  referral points correctly...i think u r not sending correctly

Monday, September 10, 2007 8:39 AM
  • @abdul

This is the second time in student rockstar for me, I have learnt to reffer by now. So problem is in server and not on my side.
    Monday, September 10, 2007 6:18 PM
  • may be in the starting they may be having some prob. in the site...but all the features r working fine now...
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:10 PM
  • Lets see... i hv sent referalls to some people.. now points are updating slowly.. but i dont know for which friend's registration i got the points...
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:03 PM