subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I have herd that MS is not going to keep windows live one care subscriptions. That they are not going to deal with it any more. So if I decide to purchase live one care and then a few months down the road MS is not going to keep updating individuals subscriptions why buy it. Also I use to see it in the retails stores for $49.99, now I don't see it on the shelves at all now. So is there any truth that MS is pulling out of the one care business. I was kind of leaning towards MS all in one package deal. It looks promising but now with the rumor floating around I'm not so sure. Any body else seen or herd any thing on this. Thanks. 
    Monday, January 19, 2009 12:49 PM

Answers

• I'm going to move your post to the General topic folder where you will find this post about the future of OneCare, pinned to the top:
    Sticky: Announcement 11-18-08

Basically, if you like OneCare and choose to renew, your subscription will be fully supported through the end of the subscription. Renewals and new activations will be suspended late in 2009, after Morro is available.
    However, existing subscriptions will still be fully supported.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, January 19, 2009 4:22 PM

All replies

• I'm going to move your post to the General topic folder where you will find this post about the future of OneCare, pinned to the top:
    Sticky: Announcement 11-18-08

Basically, if you like OneCare and choose to renew, your subscription will be fully supported through the end of the subscription. Renewals and new activations will be suspended late in 2009, after Morro is available.
    However, existing subscriptions will still be fully supported.
    -steve
    Monday, January 19, 2009 4:22 PM
  • Why do I keep getting the message that I must associate this PC with a subscription?

I purchased online and downloaded succesfully.

Status comes up as "At Risk".

I am unable to associate this PC with a subscription, I need a code which was not provided.

Please HELP ME.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:15 PM
  • Dartman said:

Why do I keep getting the message that I must associate this PC with a subscription?

I purchased online and downloaded succesfully.

Status comes up as "At Risk".

I am unable to associate this PC with a subscription, I need a code which was not provided.

Please HELP ME.

You need to activate (click subscribe in OneCare) with the same LiveID that you signed in with when you made the purchase. There is no code sent to you when you purchase online. The subscription was created when you submitted payment information after signing in.

When you activate OneCare from within OneCare to start your subscription, it first requires you to sign in with a LiveID and then provides the opportunity to enter a retail key or purchase online. Once you've completed the entry and submission of the key and payment information, your subscription is created and the subscription credentials are downloaded back to your copy of OneCare. These credentials are refreshed periodically, too. If something is blocking the receipt of the credentials, activation is not complete and your PC will remain in trial mode. Make sure that there are no other security programs running, including Parental Controls, which should be disabled at activation. Other security programs - firewalls, real time spyware protection and anti-virus need to be completely removed in order to use OneCare.

If your subscription to OneCare shows as still trial mode after purchase and activation in OneCare

• Verify that you have a clear Internet connection - no other security programs running.
    • Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About...

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90 

-steve

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:27 PM