Update V2.0.2500.14 and service does not run at startup HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have updated to V2.0.2500.14 and noticed that the system tray icon is not loaded at startup and its causing my system to messup and lockup. If I try to start onecare manually after same time I get a message saying the service is not working or is stopped try rerstarting computer but this does not work. Looking into this I found the following:

* under security centre all seems good, all green.

* under services it is set to automatic but it has not started running.

* I then right click onecare and select start and all works well.

* When I restarted system it does the same thing again and I have to manually start onecare from services each time as explained above.

Can someone help please?

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• One more error message at starup "Logon process has failed to create the security option dialog" This comes up after a while of lagging at startup about 5 minutes or so.

My system runs vista ultimate if that helps?

Friday, January 11, 2008 3:44 AM
  • See if this helps - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2523777&SiteID=2

If not, contact support for further help - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 1:16 PM
  • Steve,

Thanks for the reply and the speedy response within 24 hours very good.

I followed and all is well now.

thanks again.

Nick.

Friday, January 11, 2008 11:52 PM
  • You're very welcome.

-steve

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:20 AM
  • I had the same problem with OneCare not starting after a reboot but running fine if I started the service manually.

It looks like OneCare is timing out waiting for the network to start.  It seems like the network is taking longer to start since the 2.0 update.

I was able to work around the issue by changing the service (winssui.exe) startup option to "Automatic (Delayed)".

OneCare now starts after a reboot.

Friday, January 18, 2008 5:08 PM
  • Thanks for reporting that solution. If it worked for you, then it may work well for some others, too.

-steve

Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:55 AM