File Conflict Msg... Cannot Create File.. it Exists RRS feed

• Question

• I have been getting this msg,
       "Cannot create a file when that file already exists"  <name of file> <file location>

There are number of files from various versions of several documents that are in conflict, even though those documents are actually in different folders on the server.  No two files with the same name are in the same folder on the server, but the "conflict" says it cannot create that file (in the back process I assume), since a file with the same name already exists in another folder.  Rather odd.  I would think you would be able to have various folders on your system with a file by the same name, but since they are in different folders, no conflict...   Thoughts???

Paul
    Monday, December 28, 2009 3:27 PM

All replies

• I have been getting this msg,
       "Cannot create a file when that file already exists"  <name of file> <file location>

There are number of files from various versions of several documents that are in conflict, even though those documents are actually in different folders on the server.  No two files with the same name are in the same folder on the server, but the "conflict" says it cannot create that file (in the back process I assume), since a file with the same name already exists in another folder.  Rather odd.  I would think you would be able to have various folders on your system with a file by the same name, but since they are in different folders, no conflict...   Thoughts???

Paul
    Although unsupported, you might start by using a tool called the Windows Home Server Cleanup Tool created by another WHS user and see if there are any broken tombstones that need to be cleaned up.  (Just make sure you have a backup copy of every file WHS is flagging as a problem before you run the tool.)
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 1:54 AM