Validation and Activation Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I have Microsoft Professional 2007 and I activated about a month ago.  All programs work fine, but when I try to use the templates within the programs, it says my program isnt genuine.  When I run validation software, it clears Professional but then it says something about having Home and School 2007?  I never got that version because I understand Professional is better and has more programs.  Can somebody help me I absolutly need my templates to run and I don't feel like purchasing another product.

Thank you,

Kyle McCane

Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:14 PM

Answers

•  

Hello KMcCane,

Sometimes Computer Manufacturer will include a Trial version of Office Home and School 2007. So even though you never installed Office Home and School 2007 on your computer, it may have been installed at the factory. 

To resolve your issue, you just need to uninstall that Trial version of Office Home and School 2007.  You can do this by going to the Control Panel, double-click "Programs and Features", find "Office Home and School 2007" in the list of installed programs, right-click "Office Home and School 2007" and select "Uninstall".  I suggest rebooting after the uninstall, but it's not strictly necessary.

I hope this helped.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:59 PM

All replies

•  

Hello KMcCane,

Sometimes Computer Manufacturer will include a Trial version of Office Home and School 2007. So even though you never installed Office Home and School 2007 on your computer, it may have been installed at the factory. 

To resolve your issue, you just need to uninstall that Trial version of Office Home and School 2007.  You can do this by going to the Control Panel, double-click "Programs and Features", find "Office Home and School 2007" in the list of installed programs, right-click "Office Home and School 2007" and select "Uninstall".  I suggest rebooting after the uninstall, but it's not strictly necessary.

I hope this helped.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:59 PM
  • Thank you so much.  Everything works fine now I appreciate all your help and your quick response.

Kyle

Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:05 PM