Maximum limits of customization in CRM Trial RRS feed

• Question

• What is the maximum limit of customization that can be done in the Trial versoin of CRM 2013. If possible I would like to know the details of maximum limits of attributes, views, form, solution management, web resources, plug-ins and data.

I am creating a sample application. Now whenever I create a new field and place it on the form it is set to readonly which cannot be changed.

Also, how can I find the limits from the Admin page or any other area.

Thanks,

Harjit

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Harjit-

The only other thing I can think of is the Role you were given in the O365 portal.  I had an issue where I didn't have access to all objects and functionality within CRM until I assigned the right Role within the O365 portal.  Did this help?

If any of my assistance helped, please mark my response as an answer! :)

Thanks-

Peter

• Proposed as answer by Pete Majer Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Harjit - IBM Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:02 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Harjit-

I don't believe there is a limit in the trial version of 2013 regarding how many customizations you can make to the system.  At least none that I've ever run into.  The only limitation is that the organization will be deleted in 30 days unless you decide to purchase Dynamics 2013.

I just created a new field in my trial org, and added it to the Contact form, and it appeared as read/write.  Are you sure you're logged into the environment as a user that has full system admin permissions (Settings -> Administration -> Users -> Open your User -> Security Roles Related Records)?  Are other fields on the Contact form editable but just not your new field?  What type of field did you create?

Again there are no limits that I'm aware of but if you can provide more information regarding the field you're adding perhaps we can let you know why it's appearing read only for you.

Thanks-

Peter

• Proposed as answer by Pete Majer Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:44 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:44 AM
  • Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply. I am customizing the Case entity. The field type I am adding is OptionSet. After I observed that the new field is automatically set to read-only, I created a new Test field of type option set. Even that was set to readonly which I could not change. The read-only setting in customization is grayed out.

Now, when I log back to the Trial version, I see that the admin page has changed. When I go to customize the case form the read-only option for the field is editable. Since the interface has change for the admin page of trail version, I think that because of some maintenance task I had experienced that behavior.

Things are fine now.

- Harjit S Gill

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:41 AM
  • Hi Harjit-

The only other thing I can think of is the Role you were given in the O365 portal.  I had an issue where I didn't have access to all objects and functionality within CRM until I assigned the right Role within the O365 portal.  Did this help?

If any of my assistance helped, please mark my response as an answer! :)

Thanks-

Peter

• Proposed as answer by Pete Majer Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Harjit - IBM Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:02 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:06 AM
  • I've sometimes run into a similar problems where the right security roles weren't correctly set by the portal - my advice in those circumstances is to just export the solution and start a new trial. CRM Online is purged after 30 days.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:28 AM