none
2013 Streets and Trips - No Product Key Frame During Install RRS feed

• Question

• The program on the CD appears to install OK, but no frame appears to insert the product key or add registration information. Therefore the program will not activate after install. I've installed a lot of software before and have done all the obvious stuff, like turning off all anti-virus and firewall software, fixed the missing MFC100.dll file problem and enabled the cookies. Any of you programmers have a work-around?
    Friday, July 13, 2012 2:20 AM

Answers

• U-R-E-K-A!!!!  - success!!! 1. Loaded and ran Avanquest System Suites diagnostic software. 2. Ejected the Streets and Trips disk immediately after install.

I remembered that I successfully installed a program a long time ago and it wouldn't run unless the disk was ejected. That problem doesn't exist in most software today. The diagnostic software didn't locate anything significant. So, it looks like the disk ejection solved the problem. 

• Marked as answer by Montray Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:57 PM
    Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Montray,

I don't recall being prompted for the software activation code during installation. However, after the software installed, I launched it, it it asked if I wanted to either activate (requires activation code), or use the 14-day trial.

Laptop GPS World

Friday, July 13, 2012 11:46 AM
  • The problem is that it appears to load OK but will not launch. There is a lot of other info about the problem on my other thread relating to "Missing MFC100.dll file". The 14 day trial download always displays the error message "Some downloaded files corrupt. Please reload". I really need to get this software running and appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.
    Friday, July 13, 2012 2:18 PM
  • U-R-E-K-A!!!!  - success!!! 1. Loaded and ran Avanquest System Suites diagnostic software. 2. Ejected the Streets and Trips disk immediately after install.

I remembered that I successfully installed a program a long time ago and it wouldn't run unless the disk was ejected. That problem doesn't exist in most software today. The diagnostic software didn't locate anything significant. So, it looks like the disk ejection solved the problem. 

• Marked as answer by Montray Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:57 PM
    Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Interesting. Have you later tried to insert the disc back to test if the issue is still present with the disc in the drive?

Laptop GPS World

Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Man, thanks - what a freaking nightmare trying to install this software.  Your suggestion worked.  However, still trying to register it and that is a beating also.  Why in the world do I need a Microsoft account to register a software purchase.  Good grief.

Thanks again!

Monday, September 3, 2012 3:12 PM
  • The saga continues, I got the program to run, but I have to run it as the Admin.  If I try to run it as a standard user I get this:

"The application cannot display the Microsoft software license terms.  This agreement must be displayed and accepted prior to running this application for the first time.  Please reinstall the application you are trying to run."

Well, obviously, I've already accepted the Software 'extortion' terms or I couldn't run it at all. 

So is everybody who got this POS to work running it as the Admin?

Monday, September 3, 2012 4:19 PM