home server connection software RRS feed

• Question

• how can i get  64 bit connection software so I can included my laptop to
    my WHS  it is a vista with 64 bit.

thanks

lippy10

• Moved by Stephen BootsMVP Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:08 PM posted to OneCare Off Topic folder by OP (Moved from Windows Live OneCare – Off Topic to Windows Home Server Software)
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:17 PM

Answers

• With the release of Power Pack 1 several months ago, a 64 bit connector was included for Vista. So you should already have a 64 bit connector for Vista. If you don't, that means that you don't have Power Pack 1 installed. You will need to use the Update Now... button in the Windows Home Server console repeatedly until all available updates are installed.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:39 PM

All replies

• With the release of Power Pack 1 several months ago, a 64 bit connector was included for Vista. So you should already have a 64 bit connector for Vista. If you don't, that means that you don't have Power Pack 1 installed. You will need to use the Update Now... button in the Windows Home Server console repeatedly until all available updates are installed.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:39 PM
  • wait.....

When you let WHS update automatically you get power Pack 2 now  and Power Pack 2 seems to cause some people problems, I can't make backups anymore for example and I got a very standard system. I would most seriously not advise people to let WHS update automatically at this moment.

mathijs
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:26 PM
  • mathijs kok said:

wait.....

When you let WHS update automatically you get power Pack 2 now  and Power Pack 2 seems to cause some people problems, I can't make backups anymore for example and I got a very standard system. I would most seriously not advise people to let WHS update automatically at this moment.

mathijs

While I understand that you are having difficulty, please do not advise people not to update to Power Pack 1. It contains fixes and patches that people need. Also, if you do not have Power Pack 1, you will not get Power Pack 2. Power Pack 2 requires Power Pack 1 in order to install.

If you are having problems with backup and Power Pack 2, please submit a bug to Connect so we can investigate.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:27 PM
  • Okay, I fully agree Power Pack1 is mandatory as it is a great update. But when that is installed and the auto update checks again for an update you will end up with Power Pack 2.

And Power Pack 2 causes me and at least a few other people serious problems. I can't make backups any more and since this morning also shared printers on the server are no longer visible. If I would have had auto updates deactivated earlier this week I would have been a heck of a lot happier then I am now.

mathijs
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:32 AM