Install Cancelled now WFW disabled RRS feed

• Question

• So I d/l and started the install of WLOC 2.0 Beta.  I received the application conflict error because I have TrendMicro installed.  I refused to un-install my AV so I guess I will not test this beta.  The problem I have now is after letting the install script reverse whatever it had done and rebooted.  Windows Firewall is now turned on (which was off because I use TrendMicro's Firewall) but the problem is due to a group policy I am unable to disable the Windows Firewall.  If I attempt to access Computer Policy.msc which is under my Administrator Tools in the Control Panel I receive an error that I do not have access to read this file.  I am logged on as the local Administrator.

WHAT DID WLOC do to my computer?

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:11 AM

Answers

• I'm sorry that the OneCare undo apparently enabled the Windows Firewall. OneCare should enable it on an uninstall, but it seems that it is also doing this when an install is backed out.

You should be able to access the firewall policy by entering gpedit.msc in the Vista search box and then responding to the UAC prompt that comes up. Details beyond that I don't know.

My recommendation is to contact support for instructions on how to resolve this problem - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 - use the get more help link in the lower right corner.

-steve 

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:19 PM