none
Why does Windows Live Mail have errors 'Messages Cannot Download' or 'Messages Cannot be Found'... RRS feed

• Question

• Computer came with Windows 7 and Windows Essentials 2011.  Months of problems I uninstalled Windows Essentials 2011 and reinstalled Windows Essentials, but 2012.  Problems continue..same error messages when I open WLM...I now have 24 emails I can't open because 'Messages Cannot be Downloaded' or 'Messages Cannot be Found'.....Is there a difference between WE 2011 and WE 2012??? Neither of them allow me to download my emails...Eventually, after an hour or so, WLM opens and I can get my emails,though NOT all of them..sometime.  I went to HP with no success.  They offer to fix everything 'BUT' Windows Live Mail...I had Outlook Express and XP on my last computer, but it had to be replaced after a major crash.  I would love to have Outlook Express back.  If there is a way I can download OE I would like to hear it...

Thank you.

Mello Thibodeaux

• Moved by Jie Bao Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:52 AM (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Desktop Development)
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:48 PM

All replies